Summer Camps Scholarships
Summer Camps Scholarships are offered in a combined effort from personal donors, local organizations and grants. These scholarships are established to provide youth (1st grade through 12th grade) opportunities to learn about the ecosystems of the Mississippi Gulf Coast through summer day camp experience. Scholarships are available for:
- Sea Camp (1st-6th grade)
- Shark Fest (7th-12th grade)
- Shaggy's Angler Camp (7th-12th grade)
The scholarships for these camps afford the opportunity for families of youth to attend a session at one of the summer camps. These scholarships are primarily awarded based off of financial need. For more information please visit the web page or call the Marine Education Center at 818.8833.
- Students must meet the eligibility requirement of underserved and underrepresented ethnicity and/or financial need. Please refer to attached scholarship application.
- Students should be willing and excited about participating in outdoor activities such as beach walking, kayaking, fishing and trail hiking
- Students should sincerely be interested in a fun, outdoor, marine science learning experience
- Parents must be willing and capable of providing personal transportation for drop off and pick up at GCRL
- Applicants must fully complete and submit the application.
Camp Scholarships will be granted to participants at the end of May. Students who applied for the scholarships but were not awarded one will also be notified at the end of May. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
Applicants are required to fill out and submit the application to the Marine Education Center. Scholarship applications can be found by clicking on the following link: Application