Skip over navigation
J. Read Hendon, Ph.D.
- Andres, M.J., M.S. Peterson, E.J. Anderson, J.R. Hendon & J.M. Higgs. 2016. Connecting anchovies to pelagic predators by their parasites. 69th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. Extended Abstract.
- Brown-Peterson, N.J. & J.R. Hendon. 2013. Notes on the biology of invasive lionfish (Pterois sp.) from the northcentral Gulf of Mexico. Gulf Carib. Res. 25:117-120.
- Brown-Peterson, N.J., J.S. Franks, B.H. Comyns, E.R. Hoffmayer, L.A. Hendon & J.R. Hendon. 2005. Aspects of the reproduction of large pelagic fishes in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Proc. 55th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 55:1016-1017.
- Clough, J., E. Blancher, R. Park, S. Milroy, M. Graham, C. Rakocinski, R. Hendon, J. Wiggert, R. Leaf. In review. Establishing nearshore marine injuries for the Deepwater Horizon Natural Resource Damage Assessment using AQUATOX. Ecological Modelling.
- Comyns, B.H., N.M. Crochet, J.S. Franks, J.R. Hendon & R.S. Waller. 2002. Preliminary assessment of the association of larval fishes with pelagic Sargassum habitat and convergence zones in the northcentral Gulf of Mexico. Proc. 53rd Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 53:636-645.
- Dippold, D.A., R.T. Leaf, J.R. Hendon & J.S. Franks. In review. Growth, mortality, and movement of cobia (Rachycentron canadum). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences.
- Dippold, D.A., R.T. Leaf, J.R. Hendon & J.S. Franks. 2016. Estimation of the length-at-age relationship of Mississippi’s spotted seatrout. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 145:295-304.
- Franks, J.S., J.R. Hendon & N.M. Garber. 2005. Red snapper (Lutjanus campechanus) associated with a small artificial structure in the Mississippi Sound, a northern Gulf of Mexico estuary. Proc. 55th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 55:853-864.
- Franks, J.S., D.R. Johnson, D. Ko, G. Sanchez-Rubio, J.R. Hendon & M. Lay. 2012. Unprecedented influx of pelagic Sargassum along Caribbean island coastlines during summer 2011. 64th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. Extended Abstract.
- Franks, J.S., J.T. Ogle, J.R. Hendon, D.N. Barnes & L.C. Nicholson. 2001. Growth of captive juvenile tripletail Lobotes surinamensis. Gulf Carib. Res. 13:75-78.
- Fulford, R.S. & J.R. Hendon. 2010. Evaluating management actions for spotted seatrout, Cynoscion nebulosus, in Mississippi with an age-structured projection model. Gulf Carib. Res. 22:51-61. [Download PDF]
- Hendon, J.R., J.S. Franks & D.P. Gibson. 2005. A comparison of age estimates from sagittal otoliths and the first dorsal spine for cobia (Rachycentron canadum) from the northcentral Gulf of Mexico. Proc. 55th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 55:280-293.
- Hendon, J.R., W.E. Hawkins, J.S. Franks, D.J. Grimes, J.M. Lotz, H.M. Perry & C.T. Snyder. 2011. Management of response efforts to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill: perspectives from a northern Gulf of Mexico research laboratory. Proc. 63rd Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 63:374-379.
- Hendon, J.R., M.S. Peterson & B.H. Comyns. 2001. Seasonal distribution of gobiids along estuarine marsh-edge habitats: assessing the effects of habitat alteration. Proc. 52nd Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 52:428-441.
- Hendon, J.R., M.S. Peterson & B.H. Comyns. 2000. Spatio-temporal distribution of larval Gobiosoma bosc in waters adjacent to natural and altered marsh-edge habitats of Mississippi coastal waters. Bull. Mar. Sci. 66(1):143-156.
- Hendon, J.R. & C.F. Rakocinski. 2016. Habitat-specific growth, survival and diet of late juvenile hatchery-reared spotted seatrout (Cynoscion nebulosus). J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 484(2016):1-10. [Download PDF]
- Hendon, J.R. & J.R. Warren. 2004. Management of spotted seatrout in Mississippi: effects of changing the minimum size limit. Proc. 54th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 54:622-634.
- Hendon, J.R., J.R. Warren, J.S. Franks & M.V. Buchanan. 2002. Movements of spotted seatrout (Cynoscion nebulosus) in Mississippi coastal waters based on tag-recapture. Gulf Mex. Sci. 2002(2):91-97.
- Hoffmayer, E.R., J.S. Franks, B.H. Comyns, J.R. Hendon, & R.S. Waller. 2006. Larval and juvenile fishes associated with pelagic Sargassum in the northcentral Gulf of Mexico. Proc. 56th Ann. Gulf Carib. Fish. Inst. 56:259-270.
- Peterson, M.S., B.H. Comyns, J.R. Hendon, P.J. Bond & G.A. Duff. 2000. Habitat use by early life-history stages of fishes and crustaceans along a changing estuarine landscape: differences between natural and altered shoreline sites. Wetlands Ecology and Management 00:1-11.